Connect to e-resources
The Stanford Libraries provide access to thousands of licensed electronic resources.
When you are on the Stanford network: you can seamlessly connect to these resources from links in SearchWorks, Google Scholar, citation lists, email, and social media.
When you are not on the Stanford network: e-resource providers need to be aware of your Stanford affiliation and Stanford Libraries' licenses. Without this information, the e-resource provider may ask you to provide personal information and/or pay for access.
To connect to e-resources from any location
Surest option — desktop, laptop, mobile
- Use the e-resource links provided in SearchWorks or on the library website.
These links have a Stanford license prefix built in. For journals, you can see the dates covered by our subscription.
Easy option for broad access — desktop, laptop
- Install the Lean Library browser extension.
- Download the extension and follow the prompts to add it to your browser.
- Under "Select your library" choose Stanford University.
- Click Save.
- Your browser will now detect Stanford Libraries-licensed resources in any context. You will be prompted to authenticate with your SUNet ID when necessary.
- Be sure to uninstall the extension after you graduate or end your Stanford affiliation.
Advanced options — desktop, laptop, mobile
- See Connect from off campus FAQ for other options using our EZproxy service.
- Set up Google Scholar to recognize you as a Stanford user and provide full text links to Stanford Libraries’ subscriptions.
If you are having a problem with Lean Library extension or if you are unable to connect to an electronic resource:
Lane Medical Library
Lane provides specialized tools and extension for their licensed resources.