Human Resources at Stanford supports the University's mission of leadership in teaching, education and research through:
- Fair and ethical human resources policies that embrace diversity and foster a fair and productive work environment
- Innovative, creative programs designed to attract, reward and retain a skilled, knowledgeable and capable workforce
- Efficient, cost-effective, value-added services focused on customer needs.
Working at the Stanford Libraries
Career opportunities at the Stanford Libraries range from librarian to accountant, software developer to portal monitor, across more than 20 individual libraries, Stanford University Press, as well as dynamic projects.
Stanford University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. For more information about benefits, compensation, and why you should work at Stanford, see Stanford Careers.
Why work for Stanford Libraries?
- Flexible hours: day, evening, and weekend shifts
- A variety of opportunities, from shelving to information technology
- Work close to your classes
- Gain valuable, transferrable work experience for your student life and beyond.
Find a job
Many of our libraries and service points depend on student walk-ins to fill their positions. Positions may also be posted on Handshake.
- Download and complete the first page of the application form (.doc) and make several copies.
- Leave a copy in the box on the door of Room 231A, Green Library East, 2nd floor.
- Drop off copies of your application at our other service points. Ask to speak with the Manager, and let them know you are looking for a job.