New features for self-deposit in the Stanford Digital Repository!
Thanks to hard work by the Infrastructure Team from Stanford Libraries' Digital Libraries Systems and Services group, the self-deposit web application for the Stanford Digital Repository (SDR) just got a bit of a spiffing up for the new school year. The new application was released just over a year ago, but we've already added a number of user-requested features, administrator features to help us better manage the application and provide more efficient support to users, and improvements to the back-end infrastructure and processes.
The SDR self-deposit application is used by scholars across Stanford's campus to share Open Access articles, research data and software related to journal publications, technical reports, conference proceedings, student projects, theses, and capstone projects, and a host of other outputs from their scholarly endeavors. The SDR allows all these individuals to promote and protect the products of their work and makes it easy for others all over the world to discover and access these same materials.
Recent updates to the self-deposit application include:
- Automatic deduplication of keywords
- Automatic addition of the DOI to the auto-generated citation
- Ability to designate that large files will be sent to us via Globus
- Assistance finding the right collection for a deposit
- Additional work subtype and author/contributor role options to better support student works
- Updated date entry options
- Ability to set email notification preferences for collection managers and reviewers
- Notification to managers of collections that are waiting to be deposited
- Improved SUNet ID validations for entering collection participants
In addition, because of the expansion of administrator features, we can fulfill requests to:
- Remove an item or collection
- Move an item to a different collection
- Transfer ownership of an item to another user
If you have scholarly works to share and you haven't yet used the SDR, contact us to request access to deposit today!